If you want to travel to Sri Lanka for tourist, business, or transit purposes, you can easily visit the country without acquiring a standard visa. For this purpose, you would require a Sri Lanka ETA visa or an on-arrival visa. Bear in mind that you can only apply for Sri Lanka E-visa or Sri Lanka on arrival visa if you are eligible. People who are from non-eligible countries can apply for a Sri Lanka prior visa. But before applying for a Sri Lanka visa, there are some requirements that you need to achieve. These requirements are as follow:
What Are Sri Lanka ETA Visa Requirements?
An ETA visa, which is also known as E-visa, is an online visa. To apply for an E-visa, some requirements are necessary. Once you have all the following documents, you would be suitable to visit Sri Lanka for a tourist, business, or transit visa.
For Tourist Visa
The following are the requirements to travel to Sri Lanka for a tourist visa:
- A passport should be valid for a minimum of at least 6-months.
- A printout approved ETA application form.
- Confirmed leaving and return flight tickets.
- Sufficient resources to live in the country.
- A valid email address from where you would apply for the application.
- Confirmed Hotel reservation and booking.
- A legal means of payment in which you have accessibility, whether bank account, PayPal, credit/debit card.
Once you have obtained these requirements, you are eligible to apply for an ETA tourist visa. After filling the application, you can submit this form. The Sri Lankan Immigration Authorities would process your application. It would take at least 3 to 4 days to process the application. You would get an approved Eta tourist vis within the next 24 hours. You would be allowed to stay for a maximum of 30 days.
For Business Visa
Hence if you are traveling to Sri Lanka for business purposes, you can apply for an ETA business visa by following the requirements. These requirements would be the same, but there are a few additional things.
- A legitimate passport with at least six months of validity.
- Hardcopy or printout of the filled ETA application form.
- Confirmed leaving and return tickets.
- The offering letter that you received from the Sri Lankan company may ask at the airport.
Along with these requirements, there is some evidence that is needed to present to the immigration department. These proofs would depict that you are actually visiting Sri Lanka for business purposes.
- Contribution to business conferences and meetings
- Participation in seminars
- Participation in workshop occasions
- Involvement in business activities
- Membership in religious events
When you have got all these requirements and evidence, you are eligible to apply for an ETA business visa. Once you have sent the application form, the Head of the Immigration Department would verify your documents. It would take 6 to 7 days to process the application, and you would get a permitted visa within one day. You will allow staying for a maximum of 30 days.
For Transit Purposes:
A transit visa means to enter Srilanka for a shorter time, which can be approved for foreign citizens. You can apply for a Sri Lanka Transit visa while you are traveling to some other destination. Remember, if you do not want to enter Sri Lanka by leaving the airport, you do not need to apply for a transit visa.
For the application for a transit visa, you will need the following documents:
- A photocopy of the transit visa.
- The lawful passport with at least six months of validity.
- A valid onward air ticket.
It would take a while to process your application, and you would be able to enter Sri Lanka. a Sri Lanka transit visa will be valid for a maximum of three days.
Sri Lanka On-Arrival Visa Requirements
For an on-arrival visa, you would get the visa after reaching the country. But for a Sri Lanka on-arrival visa, there are also some requirements:
• An authorized Passport, which should be valid for a minimum of six months.
• Confirmed Exit and Return Air Tickets.
• Verified Hotel booking for a room.
• Enough assets to accomplish your expenses in Sri Lanka.
You would provide these requirements to Sri Lankan Immigration Department, and they would give you an authorized on-arrival visa. You would be eligible to stay for up to 120 days.